Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cloud Atlas


The other week I was sitting around bored, and really wanted to watch a cutesy romantic movie, and I stumbled upon Cloud Atlas. It is a movie from 2012, about the idea how soul mates will always find each other through out the multiply lives we have. It's a really nice concept and romantic thing to believe in, so I tried it out. I was not ready for the intensity of the movie. 


The movie goes through around six or seven different time periods. It was so hard to keep up with for the first twenty minutes or so, but I really enjoyed all the characters and how all the different situation worked out for each. Also there were some really cool futuristic worlds that brought up more intense themes of slavery and want it means to be human. It's definitely not a feel good movie you can just pop on on a random Tuesday afternoon, but I think its worth the confusion.

The acting is amazing through every cast member, and to be honest, I didn't realize it was the same cast through all the different time periods until I looked it up on imdb. Though it should've been obvious from the premise of the movie.

I would totally recommend the movie to more mature viewers, because it's not meant for a younger romcom crowd, and it takes a while to get your head around before you realize what the hell is going on. Though I think it was really well executed and I wish there were other movies similar to Cloud Atlas.

No comments:

Post a Comment