Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Amnesia Anime Review



from crunchyroll.com
When the heroine regains consciousness in an unfamiliar place, she has suddenly lost all memories of everything that happened before August 1. What is this place, and what was she doing there? Who is she, and what sort of life had she lived?
I saw this anime about a month ago, and only was it now when I'm searching it again that I see the animation is pretty interesting. From some reason when I think back on this anime, I see it in black and white, even though the show is obviously not and has very vibrant colors. Haha maybe that's just the amnesia working on me outside of watching the anime.



The anime's main character is Heroine (she doesn't have a name) because it was based on a visual novel on the psp. You definitely can tell it was a video game, because of the strange pauses, but I think it did a really good job on the animation. The characters look like something out of final fantasy though haha. I wouldn't say that the Heroine is a strong willed girl, because well..she isn't. All the male love interest are all quite interesting and put a spin on the next day, and I liked that.

Though, the downside of having a show like this is that your mind gets exhausted watching a character go through the same thing every day, but changed a bit. It's kind of like groundhog's day but with love interests in the Heroine's life. It only gets really interesting in the last three episodes. All the others are just to get your chance at experiencing what it would be like to date each of the guys, which I don't mind all too much.

I would not watch this show again, because of the headache it gave me after watching it. It's definitely a niche thing to watch, and I don't think I will play the sequel games. Well, would I recommend it? Eh...not really..I'd tell my friends about the anime, but not let the watch it. Yeah, let's say that.
Go watch Amnesia: Complete for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment