Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Paper Towns by John Green Review


Paper TownsQuentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer Q gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.


Paper Towns is the third book I've read written by John Green. I loved the Fault in Our Stars, but was slightly disappointed in Looking for Alaska. I had high hopes, and it did meet those expectations and didn't at the same time.

from goodreads

I feel like I praise John Green a lot because he wrote my favorite book, The Fault in Our Stars, but Paper Towns was the book that made me really notice that he had some skill. The entire book was well written, but the only problem I had with it was that it didn't make me keep on reading. That sounds terrible, but it's true. I could not finish reading it, because the book was a constant of okay, fine, school life, doo-dads, that did not feel suspenseful or interesting enough to keep me reading.

John Green writes young adult books that have some what smart characters, while having so many pranks, and adolescent things that make me laugh. There wasn't one character that stood out to me as my favorite or anything, because like I said the entire book was like a roller coaster that was extremely high off the ground, but had no twists and turns. The speed could match one of a golf cart on high.

My favorite part was the humor. I love the fact that there are those little things that make it have its own identity. The Black Santas were my favorite story, among Q's stories.

I don't have much to say for Paper Towns, but I'd give it a head shakes, thumb down, shoulders shrug. (2 out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment