Monday, November 5, 2012

Scrivener Review

Since I planned on doing Nanowrimo, I've been looking for word processor alternatives than Word. Sadly, on this laptop I'm using I don't have Word, and I don't really need it, when I have downloaded Scrivener.

Scrivener is a word processor that is used by many published authors, and writers of all kinds. I have a video I want to show you, that will be more informative than I'll be on it.



I've found that Scrivener has made me so much more organized in writing. I've also got a lot farther in my novel, and I the overall layout is very easy, and like I said organized. I used to be one of those people that would have several word documents for character development, outline, and chapters. It was all too much, and Scrivener really makes it easy for a writer to just open a document and don't have to switch between documents. 

A feature I love about Scrivener is its note cards on a cork board. It's very easy to plan my story out, and see what I have to write about, and where I am through the entire project. I usually don't plan out my stories too far ahead, but sometimes while I'm writing I get ideas for a chapter or scene, and then I add it to the cork board. It's easy to rearrange them and make them fit my best.

The compile piece of the application is truly helpful for authors when they want to send different versions of their novel. There's so many to choose from; PDF, Word Doc, ePub, Mobi, and a lot more I can't remember, I haven't finished my novel yet, so I haven't tried it, but I can just imagine now how accomplishing I'd feel when I can read it on my nook, or send PDF files to people.

Lastly, if you are doing Nanowrimo, you get a free trial through December 7th. I know it's amazing, but it get's better. If you finish your novel, you get a 50% off discount of the $40 you need to pay after December 7th. I personally am going to buy it afterwards, because I know I want to edit my story using Scrivener, and I have great ideas I want to write about, using Scrivener. 

No comments:

Post a Comment