Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thriller Thursday (#1)

Because it is October and the only interesting thing this month is Halloween, I'd like to start Thriller Thursday. No, I'm not someone who watches horror movies or reads "scary" books, but I do read a fair amount of thriller/adrenaline novels. So in that case this week's Thriller Thursday will be three books that I think have the Thriller aspect down pat. Because you know three thriller novels on Thriller Thursday is what you do in October.



1) Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent is the only book that has kept my heart racing and my hands shaking the whole way through. So that was about two and a half days straight. I know Divergent is huge in the ya world, and you probably have read it before, but you should read it again this October.

If you want to know more of my thoughts on Divergent, here's my review.




2)The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson


If you didn't know about TNotS already, it's a ripper book. Oh so your interested?? YES!!! Because you should be and the fact that it's coming out in paperback soon is enough. Nevertheless, read it, tell me your thoughts, did you get chills from ghosts haunting you? Good. Very good.

Read my thoughts on TNotS by MJ here.




3) Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

By the title you might guess that it is has something to do with Edgar Allan Poe. Don't mind the cover of the novel, I don't like it much either, but Nevermore will blow your mind. I give it the seal of approval, if you trust my word, which I doubt you do. Poe is known for the dark poetry, so why not on Thriller Thursday?! Yeah!

Read my obsessive review of Nevermore here.

No comments:

Post a Comment