Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading? (#7)

meme started by bookjourney

What I Read:



I read and reviewed this book on Thursday. Had an amazing time putting all my emotions and thoughts while reading the novel on to the review. Please check it out here.

It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it.

from goodreads


What I'm Currently Reading:


“Dead girl walking,” the boys say in the halls.
“Tell us your secret,” the girls whisper, one toilet to another.
I am that girl.
I am the space between my thighs, daylight shining through.
I am the bones they want, wired on a porcelain frame.

Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend’s restless spirit.

In her most emotionally wrenching, lyrically written book since the multiple-award-winning Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson explores Lia’s descent into the powerful vortex of anorexia, and her painful path toward recovery.

from goodreads

Bought this book on Tuesday and couldn't wait to read it I read about sixty or so pages. If you want to check out my progress, it's on goodreads

What I Hope To Read Next:


Hazel's job at the Antioch didn't work out at all like she had planned. After a daring escape and one very risky delivery of the first baby born in years, she's still holding on to the hope of a better future. Out of the Antioch and on the run, who can Hazel turn to for help and can they really be trusted? In the second book of the Barronlands Trilogy, relationships are tested and even more secrets are revealed. Hazel tries to put the pieces together, hoping everything doesn't fall apart. Will she be able to hold it all together or will there be those who slip through the cracks

from goodreads

Having gotten this novel this week, I saw that it was quite a quick read that can go by in one sitting. Hopefully I'll get that one sitting. *fingers crossed*


P.S. Who ever left the comment about having a review on Pure at Heart by Sahara Epari asap, I'm going to have to postpone that review for a week or two. I hope who ever you are are reading this, and that you read a wonderful book in the mean time. 

1 comment:

  1. I am finally getting around to some of the Monday posts! It has been pretty crazy with the Banned Book Week festivities and hosting all the giveaways... fun but crazy. I wanted to tell you happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete