Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review: Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg




It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it.


From Goodreads

Casey Barnes Eponymous had to be the closest book I've ever related to and at the same time shown me this whole other side. I'm a musician to some degree and the area that this story took place in really made me giggly to no end.

E.A. Rigg how I worship at your feet for writing the most epic playlist novel with the best main character there could possible be. All the playlists in this novel made me really proud and some what downgraded what I thought good music was and the epicness that I have been missing in the punk/rock community. I love the dialogue written in the story and the characters were completely life like.

At one point I almost told a friend that I knew these people and was going to tell my friend a scene front the book. That's how much I believed in the characters and setting was even better for moi. Furthermore the pacing of the novel really flowed and I never had a moment where I wanted to put the novel down.

I feel like I say this often and again not enough. Casey is my favorite main character of almost all time. Maybe there are some that I can't think of right away but the point is that she's amazing. The novel is told in her point of view and her wittiness and love/hate of everything really makes me love her. Sometime on her journey I did want to slap her in the face with a dagger-I know that sounds weird- but I never thought she was a weak willed or couldn't support the story because oh boy did she really move the plot along.

All the minor characters had a strong background and I could always clearly see where someone was in the aspect of their school life and at home. There was enough back story to all of the characters that they felt real and I think that's what made the novel it's best. My favorite characters were Ben of course and Maxine French somewhere along the way touched me. I have to admit that I never liked Casey's ex who I can't even recall his name now. That's all I'm going to waste this review on for him.

The humor in the story is spot on. There were many times where I literally laughed out load and had to hide a smile when I was reading during class. Sometimes Casey really brings it home with her wit. Also the irony in this story is chaotic to a point that its the most hilarious thing. For me irony is the best way to make me laugh.

For me this novel couldn't have come into my life at any better time. I also love the fact that it's not a series- as of what I've known-because I've read too many of those lately I needed a palate cleanser and this is the next best thing to perfect. So it shouldn't be a surprise to you that I'm giving Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg a head nods, thumbs up, and smiling like there's no tomorrow.(5 out of 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment