Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalup


  • Reading level: Ages 14 and up
  • Hardcover: 336 pagesPublisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (May 1, 2010)
  • Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0316056219ISBN-13: 978-0316056212Product   
  • Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.2 x 8.5 inches

I'm sorry to say that this book was not my favorites. Mostly because I could not get into it. Usually when I read books I start out the first few chapters and then if I like it I'll keep reading or I'll just put it down. But this book, I wanted to read it and started it about five months ago and didn't like it at all. Then last month while I was at my school library I saw it again and decided to give it another chance because I knew all the hype and excitement over this book has to be over something and I check it out. 
The next day I started reading it and read it for about a week on and off, but could not wrap my head around the setting and the events that happened. This novel is a dystopian and usually I do like dystopian, but some how this one was out of my radar of likability. So I stopped and didn't pick it up again. 
I know I wanted to read this book for this month, but I couldn't and I'd like to say that I don't read books because people say it's awesome and I should read it and I force myself to read it. No, because that would just be hurting myself over and over again. If I read every book that most people like and I hate I'll probably be long gone by now. So as a disclaimer, than a review I will not complete a book that I do not like. No matter how awesome people may say it is. Now I must return this book because it's way past its due date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment